Cookies are text files saved on the User's computer and are used to save preferences and settings used when using the website. The cookies we use do not enable the identification of Users visiting our website and no information is stored in them that could enable such identification. According to Art. 173 of the Act of July 16, 2004 Telecommunications Law (Journal of Laws No. 171, item 1800), saving text files on the website User's computer disk is allowed, provided that the User is informed about it. The condition for the operation of cookies is their acceptance by the browser and not removing them from the computer's hard drive. If the User does not want to share cookies, he should disable this option in the browser before visiting our website. Failure to provide cookies by the browser, or deleting them, may cause significant difficulties or may even completely prevent the use of our website - for which we are not responsible.
Go to bascet
Added to cart:
Go to bascet

The Main Building

The Main Building - the seat of the Museum of Nowy Sącz land in the historic building of the former Austro-Hungarian Bank, built in 1912 according to the design of the Krakow architect Teodor Hoffmann (born 1874, died 1959), the creator of many main houses and public buildings . After a thorough renovation and modernization in 2017, the representative character of the staircase and the main hall on the top floor were emphasized. A representative room intended for changing exhibitions, meetings and concerts separates the narrative permanent historical exhibition about the history of Nowy Sącz in the years 1867-1945 (times of Galician autonomy, wars and the interwar period) from the permanent exhibition showing the studio with paintings by the famous Nowy Sącz painter Bolesław Barbacki. There is also an education room on this floor. The entire zone is also accessible by a lift for people in wheelchairs. The lower storey is occupied by studios and offices, and the lowest one is occupied by a reception and cash register room and exhibit storage.
Show more

Social Media

Atelier of a painter-artist
Bolesław Barbacki's studio in the Main Building

Practical information

  1. Opening hours
    Tuesday - Sunday
    10.00 - 17.00
    last entry to the exhibition at 16.30

    The Main Building is closed on Mondays, Holy Saturday, the first and second day of Easter, Corpus Christi, January 1 and 6, November 1, December 24, 25, and 26.
  2. The Main Building does not have its own car park. Please use the public paid parking spaces in the area.
Accessibility Accessibility
Accessibility Find out more

Educational offer

Additional information

Visiting regulations

Read the regulations