filie

Wieniawy-Długoszowskiego Street 83b, Nowy Sącz

Folk architecture of the region (homesteads of Lachs, Mountaineers, Lemkos and Podgórzans)
Construction of ethnographic groups inhabiting the area of Nowy Sącz – objects with furnished interiors.

 

Roman Catholic Church St. St. Peter and Paul in Łososin Dolna

Built in 1739, thanks to Father Piotr Przedborski. Oriented, framed, boarded. The presbytery closed with a straight wall, which distinguishes the building among the Małopolska churches. Around the chancel and the aisle parted in the form of „sobota”. Two-sided roof. Tower with column structure, crowned with security consignment and wooden baroque roof. Interior furnishings with late baroque features with folk elements. Consecrated.

 

Greek-Catholic Church of Sts. Dmitri from Czarne

A typical wooden West-Bohemian temple in which, after re-consecration, devotions take place in the Orthodox liturgy. Built in the middle of the 18th century, according to the assumptions of religion. Trilogue, consists of chancel, nave, and parts for women with porch and vestibule. Characteristic for this type of building is „makowiczka” with decorative iron cross. The iconostasis attracts attention in the interior, a richly carved wall with icons, separating the aisle for the faithful, from the chancel – the sanctuary with the altar to the sacred liturgy, inaccessible to the public. The iconostas in the church in Czarne is made in baroque-rococo style. The walls and the ceiling of the orthodox church decorate the polychrome.

 

Evangelical church in Stadło

Together with buildings from Gołkowice nowadays the sector of German colonists. The church was built in Stadło as a chapel of the nuns from Stary Sącz. In 1786, the chapel was converted to an evangelical church and used by Protestants from nearby towns. After the fire in 1806 the temple was rebuilt and re-consecrated in 1808. After World War II it was moved to Świniarsko, where until 2003 it was a Roman Catholic church. After another fire (as a result of lightning strike), the church was transferred to the Sadecki Ethnographic Park.

Restored to worship.

 

Manor house in Rdzawie

A noble residence built in the first half of the 17th century, as a larch house on a square plan. Many times rebuilt has become similar to the mansions built according to the architectural treatises “sky floor and the Polish custom” – has a characteristic four-column porch and roof called Polish. In the interior there are sacred polychromes, related to the temporary use of the building by canons, dated 17th/18th century. In polychrome rooms the decor is modest – benches and kneeling in front of the hanging cross, other rooms are „Mr” and „Lady” rooms, kitchen and dining room; in the hallway coat of arms resemble the old owners – “Rawicz” Baranowskich and “Korczak” Wesołowskich.

 

Gypsy settlement

The part of the open-air museum in a distance from the rest of the village, as well as the location of permanent settlements for Romani settlers in southern Poland.  Primitive buildings with furnished interiors and elements pointing to the main occupations of this ethnic group: tinkers and smiths.

 

Józefińscy Colonial Sector from Gołkowice Dolne (entrance next to the Galician Town – Lwowska Street 227)

Characteristic German buildings with one main road: houses and granaries set up at the tops of the road, joined by walls with entrance gates and wickets. In the first of the three houses of the Galician Germans the house and the buildings of “the village administrator”, second farm was designated for an exhibition about the history of German settlement in the area of Nowy Sącz and in the third (closest to the Galician Township) there is a cash register, a gift shop and a guide room.